Thursday, August 19, 2010

A Sweet, Cupcakey Day in Austin

1 of a few Hey Cupcake! trailers, they also have a store front on Burnet St.
Somedays, all I want is a cupcake....or a dozen! Austin is known for its quirky eateries and the cupcake biz here is booming. Hey Cupcake! is a local favorite, with a few locations ala trailer set-up. Which is just one of the many things I adore about Austin.  How could you resist a cupcake coming from this trailer!!? Cupcakes are $2.75, here is a menu.

Another is Polkadots Cupcake Factory  . They have a large and interestingly yummy variety of cuppies to choose from. They also do custom cakes and cookies, if you're in the market for something really fancy.They're located at 28th and Rio Grande, near the UT campus.
 Polkadots Cupcake Factory
fav, chocolate mint

You had me at a chocolate mint cupcake! They also have a "cupcake happy hour" on Tuesdays where cupcakes are just $2.


While these places are great for when I'm truly craving something decent and indulgent, I don't know if my wallet will hold up. Not saying they are not worth $2.75, I would get far more than just one! So for the times when I'm needing to satisfy my sweet-tooth I can turn to this little gem from Borders....
Cupcakes! by Elinor Klivans $16.95 at Borders.

I was not paid/or compensated by any of the companies mentioned here btw, just like to support the local!

No comments:

Post a Comment