Tuesday, July 28, 2009

long, self-less day

Sorry friends, I was unable to indulge in a day of blogging because I was waiting in the ortho-sports surgery waiting room. Why? Because my sweet, ex-baseball playing boyfriend had some bone spurs removed from his elbow. Here's a run down:
5:20am- I'm up and in the shower, so I don't scare people in the hospital
5:50am- I wake up the prince charming, he's not excited...I wonder why?
6:05am-Leave for the brand new ortho-center in downtown Birmingham
6:30am- Arrive and check-in. and wait.
and wait.
and wait.
and wait.
7:30am- The bf gets call for the prep.
8:00am- We go visit with him, I feel instantly woozie when I see the IV in his arm, they give him some "feel good" meds, and he wishes he had more. (Can I get some!?)
8:45am- We all have to leave and wait.
and wait.
and wait.
and wait.
10:40am- We are told he is finally going into the surgery room!? ok.
and wait.
and wait.
and wait.
11:45am- He's out of surgery but we can't see him since he's still snoozing.
12:15pm- We're finnnnallly allowed in to see him, we bombard him with questions and all we get is monosyllabic answers. Typical male on drugs right after surgery response.
1:15pm- He finally get's through his saltines and sprite and feels ok enough to leave...ughhh finallly those 5 pieces of pinapple and 4 cups of coffee can only hold a girl over for so long!!!

So after a long long day at the hospital (Did I mention I am NOT a needle/hospital/gross stuff fan?!) we are finally home, I'm blogging and life is good, except for now I have to be a slave for a few days. I don't complained because I'm sure there will be someday that I will need help from him, (Childbirth anyone!?)
All in the name of love.
oh, P.S. sitting in the waiting room for 7 hours made me want to become a commercial interior designer, waiting rooms needs some serious decor help! This was a new hospital too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm a fan of waiting rooms with non-porous surfaces

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope he heals up quickly! i too hate waiting and hospitals so combining them makes for a bad day!

    ReplyDelete