Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Healdsburg, CA

So to catch everyone up, sunday night I bought a plane ticket for early Monday morning to come back home and surprise my parents!! They had no idea and after an almost missed first flight (Thanks boyfriend and your lack of directions) and an almost spill of the beans courtesy of United's companion email updates which emailed my mom my itinerary! (I had NO idea they did that. Luckily my brother distracted her all day) and an almost missed airport shuttle from SFO to Rohnert Park, I made it home last night. As I got a good laugh out of pulling off my plan, my mom got a good cry out of seeing me standing in the living room for the first time in 7 months. Now that you're all caught up, today we got up with the sun and traveled on up to Healdsburg to take a look at my mom's new store and just catch up. (yea, we talk on the phone 4 times a day, but we can still catch up.)

We dined at Oakville Grocery Co.: 1 portabella mushroom, roasted red peppers, onions pesto on a toasted foccacia, asparagus salad, thai cabbage salad, and my mom had a crab cake. For a little desert we indulged in a juicy, fresh crumble apricot bar. and some soy lattes.

Oakville Grocery

We Shopped:

Lime Stone Healdsburg

In another decor store: Ralph Lauren Thoroughbred Candle $42 AMAZING
very close competition with Bendel's.
http://polo.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pPOLO2-4841689_standard_v330.jpg

We had a beautiful day, absolutely perfect! and now I'm relaxing poolside with an organic elderberry sparkling water and Trader Joe's organic tri-hummus. Oh, how good it is to be home!!

P.S. the latest Traditional Home magazine (June/July09') also feature's Healdsburg outstanding cuisine...
Dry Creek Kitchen



No comments:

Post a Comment