Friday, May 8, 2009

Satyagraha

Gandhi's main principles were supported by the idea of Satyagraha. For those who have not had the opportunity to read his autobiography; I highly recommend it. As an individual who is not associated with any particular religion, I have found the most guidance through the teachings of Gandhi.

B&N $9.99 (last summer)
Satyagraha is the concept of the force of truth and love.
I consider this "my bible". I have referred back to it many times and find a sense of peace reading his own words.

I just found this book in Barnes and Noble today:
Peace by Gandhi Gandhi: Book Cover
$4.95
Who DOESN'T love finding peace for $4 ! This book is filled with a much abbreviated biography and some really fabulous quotes. If anyone is have a difficult time in life, relationships, work, and everything in between. I really recommend his writings.

"The more efficient a force is, the more silent and the more subtle it is. Love is the subtlest force in the world."

"The law of love governs the world. Life persists in the face of death. The universe continues in spite of destruction going on. Truth triumphs over untruth. Love conquers Hate. "

Mahatma Gandhi

No comments:

Post a Comment